Dear Reader (2023-01-09),
Today, I picked up the prints for my show that is part of Exposure Festival (see Announcement below). Getting these images finished and print-ready has involved considerable screen time. Now that I can raise my eyes, I have started to come out of my cave, and, thanks to the encouragement of friends participate in the outside world once again. There have been two recent rambles.
Nearly 2 weeks ago I met Cam in Nordegg, and I will report on that another day. Two days ago Keith (see here for his posting ) and I spent an enjoyable day chatting, driving, and capturing images. We spent 2 – 3 hours exploring the frozen and falling water at Big Hill Springs Provincial Park. I inadvertently found a fiddler (in post-processing), a seldom seen shy benign troll, and a wonderful art deco adornment from a building that never was . One small corner captured my intention, and I spent considerable time there playing with points of view (3,4,5).
Keith was particularly pleased with one of his images. When he showed it to me, I too really liked it, and promptly went off to find that view. Thank you Keith for number 9. Good day, good company.
Really Exciting Announcement
“Time Frame” is opening soon, and Exposure Festival will soon be here.
- January 10 Exposure Festival 2023 Web Site goes live
The Exposure 2023 programme encompasses over 30 exhibitions that display a wide range of narratives, subjects, practices, and explorations of the photographic medium. Audiences can engage with the Exposure 2023 programme in Calgary, Banff, Canmore, Edmonton, and Frank, with exhibitions and events presented in galleries, museums, libraries, local businesses, outdoors and online!
To learn more about the upcoming festival, check out www.exposurephotofestival.com / @exposurephotofestival
- February 1 My Show “Time Frame” opens to the public on the second floor at cSpace King Edward; 1721 29 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2T 6T7
- February 2 Click here for Exposure Festival Launch Party
Please note that all attendees of the Launch Party need to register for tickets via the link.
- February 8 Wednesday my fellow cSpace exhibitors and I will be hosting our official openings at cSpace from 17:00 – 20:00 (5:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
- February 11 Saturday 14:30 (2:30 pm) I will be giving an 15 – 20 minute artist’s talk on the second floor at cSpace King Edward; 1721 29 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2T 6T7
You are welcome to share a link to this page with others.
As always, all comments are welcome and sought.
My note on privacy can be found under the “About” menu item, and if you would like to subscribe to this blog please enter your email.
All rights for all material on any media reserved – © Sean P Drysdale 2020-2023